Hunger affects everyone – and over 40% of the people who use food banks in Canada are children.
Here’s a chance for you to make a difference. The Everyone Wins With Canadian Chicken
campaign wants to get all Members of Parliament to submit their favourite chicken breast sandwich
recipe for a chance to win!
- First Prize - $10,000 donation
- Second Prize - $5,000 donation
- Third Prize - $2,500 donation
The winning recipe will also be served to over 10,000 people at the 20th Annual
Great Canadian Chicken BBQ in Ottawa on Canada Day.
All MP entries will be included in a digital cookbook that you can download.
Ask your MPs to share their favourite chicken breast sandwich recipe and let them entertain you with tips, techniques and expert advice on what makes their sandwich special.
MPs can enter HERE.
Contest Deadline – Thursday, May 31, 2012
Find Your MP
They are found in every province, but perhaps you haven’t met them - yet. Find their twitter handle
and start the conversation. Don’t know your riding? We can help. #WinWithChicken is the hashtag that
will be used throughout our entire campaign.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. To enter online use the form at http://www.contest.chicken.ca
. You may also use the entry form that we are sending you by mail or you can send your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can fax it to (613) 241-5999. Be sure to include your name, address, age, e-mail address and telephone number when you send in your recipes.
2. Previously published recipes are ineligible, except for original recipes published in a charity cookbook under your own name. Recipes must be entirely original and not infringe on the rights of any third party. CFC reserves the right to adapt or modify the winning recipes for publication and promotional purposes.
3. One entry per MP and all entries must be received by May 31, 2012 and must meet the following guidelines to be eligible:
- must be adaptable to serve large crowds
- must be original
- must use grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast 4-5 oz each
- should stand out based on marinade, and choice of sauce, bread and garnishes
- must have ingredients that are easily available
- must have family appeal
4. The Grand Prize is a $10,000 donation for a food bank in the riding of the MP that submitted the winning recipe. Additional prizes of $5,000 and $2,500 will be awarded for the 2nd and 3rd place recipes and donated to food banks in the ridings of the two (2) runner-ups.
5. The winner and two runners-up will be selected by a panel between June 4th and 18th according to the recipe criteria listed above.
6. The winning recipe will be served to over 10,000 people at the 20th Annual Great Canadian Chicken BBQ in Major’s Hill Park on July 1st!
7. All MP entries will be included in a special online cookbook that can be sent to constituents - and all the recipes will be included in the recipe database at www.chicken.ca.
8. The contest is open to all current Members of Parliament, 41st Parliament.
9 All decisions of the contest judge(s) are final.
10. All entries become the property of CFC and can be used online and/or in publications.
11. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.